Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Rudolph Patterson, NOSSCR founder, has passed

Rudolph Patterson passed away this past weekend.

I had the pleasure of working with Rudolph for eight years on the NOSSCR board.  Rudolph was the quasi-permanent member of the board elected by the Council of Past Presidents to counsel the current board of directors elected by the various circuit members.  I served as the Ninth Circuit representative for two years and then followed the executive committee track through treasurer, secretary, vice president, and then president.  I then served on the board ex officio as the immediate past president and the second immediate past president.  I now cycle on when my turn arises.

It was there that I knew Rudolph.  He reported on matters of attorney/representative discipline.  These always involved one of my favorite subjects -- ethics.  Rudolph provided wise counsel to the board on matters big and small.  The organization had the privilege of his institutional knowledge not for years but for decades.

NOSSCR is less with his passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment