Friday, November 9, 2018

Waiting for Your Bag at the Luggage Carousel

I flew into Pittsburgh yesterday.  I have three nights in Kent, Ohio and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I traveled to watch up close and personal to the CSU Bakersfield wrestling team take to the mat against Kent State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Pittsburgh.  But I digress. 

I managed to get a non-stop from LAX to Pittsburgh.  On arrival, passengers from four flights pick up their bags from one carousel.  People that get to the carousel first park themselves six inches or less from the edge.  Some of those passengers are children under the age of nine.  Some of the passengers go to grab their bags but can't manipulate the bags in the one-foot window with someone on both the left and right standing their with no bag in sight.  When I see my bag coming, I filter through two rows of people and warn the three-year old to be careful as I lift my bag.   

Come on people, back up.  The circumference of the ellipses is significantly larger when the diameter is increased by three feet.  The lack of crowding around the carousel moving around gives that other passenger the ability to get her/his bag off the belt easily and safely.  Getting one step back from the carousel also protects your child from getting hit in the head by a bag coming off the bag. 

Other than that, Go Runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment